ECOMM is a global event, the true meeting place for everyone involved in mobility management and every year attracts between 300 and 400 people to the city
ECOMM is a global event, the true meeting place for everyone involved in mobility management and every year attracts between 300 and 400 people to the city which hosts it. Throughout its 22 editions it has been placed in numerous countries and cities and Cascais, due to its pioneering and interest in this matter, was the place chosen to host the 23rd edition.
The creation of ECOMM goes back to the year of 1997, in Amsterdam, as the final conference of the MOMENTUM research project. It took place again in the following year in Nottingham, with the newly formed International Programme Committee (IPC) in charge of its organization.
Aiming to pursue this project, several member states from the European Union united, in 1999, to form the European Project known as EPOMM – European Platform on Mobility Management, a network of governments in European countries which are involved in Mobility Management. This project was then turned into a non-profit international organization in 2003, with the organization of ECOMM as one of its main tasks every year.
Since then ECOMM has been a meeting point for politicians, engineers and scientists, as well as everyone who practices and is involved with mobility.
ECOMM 2020 ONLINE
ECOMM 2020 ONLINE will be a webinar composed of 7 sessions. A unique event that will bring together the authors of the submitted papers to discuss the most pressing themes regarding mobility, with an additional focus on the future of mobility in the light of Covid-19.
On the webinar’s agenda are seven themed debates, that will be held online on four different days, from the 9th to the 30th of June 2020. Each session will last 90 minutes and has a panel composed by 1 moderator and 3 invited speakers, chosen by the ECOMM IPC.
Each of the selected themes for ECOMM 2020 ONLINE is related to the original concept of the conference: “New Mobility… New Realities for People and Cities… OUTRA VEZ!”. The list of topics and respective dates is as follows:
- June 9th – 10:00 – 11:30 CEST – MaaS, Mobility as a Service: A New Transport Model
- June 9th – 14:30 – 16:00 CEST – Circular Economy and Shared Economy: Mobility as a Business?
- June 16th – 10:00 – 11:30 CEST – The Future of Mobility: Disruptive Technologies Create New Realities
- June 16th – 14:30 – 16:00 CEST – How to “Nudge” People into New Mobility Thinking and Behavior
- June 23rd – 10:00 – 11:30 CEST – New Mobility – An Opportunity for Urban and Rural Regeneration
- June 23rd – 14:30 – 16:00 CEST – Inequalities – Mobility Management as a tool for Social Inclusion
- June 30th – 10:00 – 11:30 CEST – 2021 – Redefining Tomorrow’s Mobility Management
Once you register, you will receive an email regarding this online event. This will also include a link that will be sent to your email half an hour before each webinar. You must follow this link in order to watch.
(Tuesday) 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
EPOMMEuropean Platform on Mobility Management